A HIMSS Innovation Company
Value and Benefits of a Plugfest
Save time and money by attending a Continua Plugfest. All the tools, resources and people involved in developing the Continua Design Guidelines and its Certification Process are in the same room! You will get a complete vision of the Certification Steps and the requirements for achieving a Continua Certified Product. You will also meet other manufacturers who are each at a different development stage with their products and who can help you directly in completing a compliant Continua product. Plugfests are a great opportunity for organization in any stage of the development to learn more about Continua Certification, to meet other people related with the Alliance, to pre-test devices and get advice from experts.
What do I get from a Plugfest?
All the tools required for certification are available
- Official Test Tool used for Certification.
- CESL simulated agents and manager.
- Continua Certified Devices to check Real-World behavior.
Immediate assessment with potential issues
- Technical Operations Director for Waivers review and advice.
- Experts on transports for traces revision.
- Test Tool development representative for Bugs review and advice.
- Test Engineers for questions on official testing.
- CCEs to help on understanding the complete certification process.
Flexible slots on demand
- Test against other manufacturers/developers.
- Test against official Test Tool.
- Test against Test Bed devices.
- Personalized consulting sessions with experts.
Other tools available
- Sniffers for all transports involved in certification.
- PTS for Bluetooth transport testing.
- ZigBee Test Tool.
- USB-IF PHDC Command Verifying Test Tool.
Benefits for manufacturers and developers
For manufacturers on early stage of the development
- Help on understanding the Continua Certification Process and transport pre-requisites.
- Set up and training of resources provided by Continua to help on development process (CESL, Test Tool Lite…).
- Work with real devices that have been already certified and understanding on what is already on the market and its current needs.
- Advice from experts on the first steps of the development.
- Understanding on what to expect of a Continua Certified Device.
For manufacturers on advanced development stage
- Help through the steps to get the Continua Certification.
- Assessment on waivers by experts (Technical Operations Director, CCEs…).
- Bugs discussion with experts (Technical Operations Directors, CCEs, Test Tool developers…).
- Preparation for official Conformance Testing by using the official version of the Test Tool and actual Test Engineers.
- Preparation for official Interoperability Testing by using the devices currently included on the official Test Bed.
- Help on working and setting up the devices to be used for Interoperability Testing.